Last few days of voting in the Port Waikato by-election
The Electoral Commission is encouraging voters in the Port Waikato electorate to make sure they vote and have their say on who will represent them in Parliament.
“Election day in the Port Waikato by-election is this Saturday 25 November, so there are only a few more days of voting left,” says Anusha Guler, Deputy Chief Executive Operations.
“The by-election is being held to elect a local MP. If you live in the electorate and haven’t voted yet, you have until 7pm on Saturday to cast your vote.”
By Monday 20 November, more than 9,000 people had voted in the by-election. More information on enrolling and voting is available online at vote.nz or by calling freephone 0800 36 76 56.
Voting place information
Voting places open on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 November:
- Waiuku Netball Centre, Thu and Fri 10am to 3pm
- Waiuku Bowling Club, Thu 10am to 7pm, Fri 10am to 3pm
- Harrington Hall, Pukekohe, Thu 9am to 7pm, Fri 9am to 3pm
- Bledisloe Park Sports Centre, Pukekohe, Thu 10am to 7pm, Fri 10am to 3pm
- Pokeno Community Hall, Thu 10am to 7pm (not open Friday)
- Church of St John Before the Latin Gate, Tuakau, Thu and Fri 10am to 5pm
- Lion’s Club Rooms, Te Kauwhata, Thu and Fri 10am to 4pm
On election day, Saturday 25 November, 37 voting places will be open from 9am to 7pm. A full list is available online at vote.nz.