The Electoral Commission is recruiting for roles in New Zealand's biggest community event - the 2020 General Election.
Thank you for your interest in working in the 2020 General Election for the Electoral Commission. We have received a fantastic response and have enough applications to fill our roles in many areas. We are still looking for people in the following electorates:
- Northland – Kaitaia, Kerikeri, Kaikohe, and Dargaville in particular
- Kaipara ki Mahurangi – Warkworth, Wellsford, Pt Wells, Tomorata, Te Hana, Omaha, Mahurangi East, Matakana, Tapora, Helensville, Huapai, Kumeu, and Waimauku in particular
- East Coast
- Taranaki-King Country
- Wairarapa – Masterton, Pahiatua, Eketahuna, Woodville, Dannevirke, Waipukerau, Waipawa, and Takapau in particular
- West Coast-Tasman
- Kaikōura – Kaikōura and Cheviot in particular
- Taieri – South Otago, Balclutha, Warepa, and Milton in particular
- Invercargill – Dacre and Orepuki in particular
- Southland – Gore/ Eastern Southland, West Otago and Winton in particular
If you’re not sure where these electorates are, you can view all electorates on this map. It would be preferable if you lived in the electorate, or nearby. If you would like to apply for a role in these electorates:
Please note: we have sufficient applications to fill roles in other electorates. If you apply for a role in an electorate not specified above, your application may not be considered now, but will be kept on file and may be considered if vacancies arise.
Read the details on each role below.