About this role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
The Systems Analyst contributes to the analysis, design and implementation of key Electoral Commission systems. This role requires technical ability, strong people skills and sound judgement. The Systems Analyst works with business users and vendors to maintain and improve systems. This role offers you the opportunity to gain experience within a supportive team and environment. This role is highly flexible and can be adjusted to suit the working requirements for the right candidate.
- Analysis, design and testing of processes and systems to identify system improvements that underpin the Commissions strategic objectives
- Provision of technical expertise to identify, investigate and recommend solutions that support the operational management of the Commission's applications, websites, platforms and IT infrastructure, as required
- Assisting with the delivery of key projects including planning tasks and milestones and performing risk analysis
- Use knowledge of data analysis (SQL), software development, system integration, testing and cyber security to implement solutions and ensure processes and practices are efficient and fit for purposes
- Liaising with system users, business partners and IT colleagues to achieve tasks and solve problems
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with 3-5 years' experience in computer systems roles with a focus on data management systems, software development, business analysis, infrastructure management, and/or systems administration
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to formulate and articulate well-reasoned solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a team of that designs, builds and implements voting services for general elections.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued, and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
You will find the job description and how to apply by following the link here: NZ Government Jobs
For more information please email Recruitment@elections.govt.nz
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.