About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance and direction on the design, development, cloud architecture, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of the Electoral Commission's information management systems. This role offers you the opportunity to gain experience within a supportive team and environment. This role is highly flexible and can be adjusted to suit the working requirements for the right candidate.
- Aligning IT solutions with the Commission's Business strategic direction
- Delivery of application development and IT infrastructure projects are delivered on budget and on time
- Identification of opportunities to improve processes using technology
- Providing high level technical design and solution architecture documentation
- Design and implementation of information system security controls in conjunction with third party vendors
- Develop evidence-based rationale for technical solutions based on industry and government standards and technological best practices
- Leading IT risk management processes, including formal risk assessments and mitigation related projects
- Ensuring any infrastructure design is aligned with the procurement stream of work
- Implementing and maintaining agile practices to support the delivery of solutions
- Collaborating with the Project Team and Solution Development Team to assist with plans and documentation
- Advice on best practice infrastructure and IT environment matters
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- A relevant IT degree and 3-5 years of progressive experience with a wide variety of infrastructure and applications projects
- Experienced in and shows a deep understanding of cloud architecture, especially in Azure
- Experienced in successfully managing a number of large and complex application development or infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and liaison skills with proven ability in relationship management
- Familiarity with business process re-engineering concepts and techniques using new IT technology
- Experienced in the preparation and evaluation of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals
- Experienced with the operational management of business applications, websites and ICT infrastructure
- Experienced in translating business requirements into technical specifications
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
You will find the job description and how to apply by following the link here: NZ Government Jobs
For more information please email Recruitment@elections.govt.nz
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.