Project Advisor - Engagement
There will be an element of providing strategic advice for the purposes of maintaining engagement best practice strategy and approaches. Critical to this role is working with Electoral Commission staff, community champions (individuals and organisations) and priority communities such as Youth, Māori, Pacific Peoples, Ethnic and Disability communities.
- Lead the digital and physical engagement resource review
- Lead the audit of intranet and review of engagement content
- Development of engagement standard operating procedures
- Lead the review of technology requirements for community engagement
- Drive the development of priority community engagement planning
- Participate in Local Body Elections 2022 and General Election 2023 engagement planning
- Assist with the development of the learning and development engagement programme
- Assist with the development of an engagement evaluation framework
- A relevant qualification and/or proven equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Well-developed engagement best practice and communications skills
- Experience, knowledge and skills in project management
- Experience in working with the following priority communities:
- Youth, Māori, Pacific People, Ethic and Disability communities
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent, Crown entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation in the electoral process. Our aim is to make it easy to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referendums.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do. We offer a competitive salary and flexible working conditions.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 16th August 2021.