Senior Systems Administrator
Join the Electoral Commission in an energetic, progressive team in the role of Senior Systems Administrator. This role offers; exposure, career progression and an opportunity to gain experience within a supportive team and environment. This role is highly flexible and can be adjusted to suit the working requirements for the right candidate.
You'll have a solid technical knowledge and practical experience in Microsoft based enterprise environment, undertaking systems administration, desktop engineering and/or systems analysis activities, including;
Administering and managing Service Management processes
- Practical experience in service management processes including day-to-day operational priority management against agreed service levels
- Creating and maintaining documentation for system configurations and end-user Knowledge Base articles
MS Cloud Services including
- Office 365 administration – MS Teams, Email Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive and OneNote
- Azure Active Directory, IDAM/MFA, Azure Identity Services; MS Sentinel and Defender
Microsoft Endpoint device management - Intune/Auto Pilot
- Device, policy and configuration management
- Experience with packaging, managing, updating, and deploying applications
Cyber Security Operations
Operational appreciation towards supporting cyber security operations, including:
- Vulnerability identification, incident response and investigations
- Fine tuning of monitoring and configuration Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender
Goes without saying…. must have:
- An enthusiasm for working in a supportive team environment where everyone's contributions and ideas are valued
- Experience working in both Operational BAU and Project spaces and balancing the workload
- Experience with deployment of IT device builds and upgrades
- Ability to work both in-person and remotely
- A great attitude, flexibility and proactive approach
- A courteous and confident communication style
- A strong customer focus
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission is an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand's democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
In association with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade under the New Zealand Aid Programme, the International Team provides technical assistance to electoral agencies in the Pacific and beyond to support those agencies to enhance their electoral administration capability.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do. We offer a competitive salary and flexible working conditions.
To apply for this role please apply via this link. Applications close Monday 8 August 2022.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Commission. If no MVP is provided it will be assumed you are not vaccinated and this may impact the work you are able to perform for the Electoral Commission.