Enrolment Processing Officer – Lower Hutt
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of a dedicated team delivering Interesting and varied work
- Supportive culture with a focus on work life balance
- Competitive Salary – Permanent start October/November 2022
- Lower Hutt Office location
The primary purpose of this role is to compile and maintain an accurate Electoral roll through processing of enrolment applications. You will be part of a wider team to ensure that electors are able to vote in New Zealand elections and referenda.
This full-time role is in the Enrolment processing team, and as well as processing application forms you will demonstrate the following skills.
Mōhou ake | About you
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have high level of flexibility and able to multi-task
- Possess skills and experience relevant to working in a busy environment with competing demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented approach to good business and customer focus
- Sound judgement
- Strong problem analysis skills
- Accurate data entry
- Respond to elector enquiries
- Various other administration tasks
- Maintain confidentially of the enrolment data
- Analysis elector information to ensure accurate updates
Proven data entry skills with the ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail also to highlight any discrepancies.
You will enjoy working as part of a team and be comfortable with repetitive tasks. While there is am element of repetition no two applications are the same and may require investigation and analysis.
You will be comfortable following processes and have experience in delivery of operational policies and procedures based on legislation.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
For an application form, job Description or to apply now, please click the links. For more information regarding this role, please email email@example.com
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please visit this link.
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Commission. If there is no MVP provided, we will discuss with you the potential impact this may have on the work you are able to perform for the Electoral Commission should the current situation change.