The Electoral Commission is recruiting for Electorate Managers for the General Election in 2020. We are looking for people who know their community and can bring together a diverse group of people to deliver an important event for all New Zealanders.
Key responsibilities are to:
- plan, manage and deliver a large operational event
- build and lead an electorate team to successfully deliver voting services to the community
- find voting places in areas that meet your communities’ diverse needs
- ensure sufficient staff are recruited and appropriately trained
- ensure electoral materials are securely managed
- ensure that electoral processes are completed to agreed standards and timeframes, including election night results.
The role requires you to be able to commit to a minimum of 30 weeks of full-time equivalent work between 1 March 2020 and 28 February 2021. You will also be required to travel throughout your electorate on a regular basis and to attend national and regional training sessions. The role comes with a base fixed fee of $57,000.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- leadership, communication and proven ability in relationship management
- ability to plan and deliver an operational event to tight deadlines
- knowledge and awareness of different cultures
- strong networks within your community
- sound working knowledge of the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- sound judgement and decision-making.
For more information about these roles, email email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 11 September 2019.