Electorate Manager – North Shore
We are looking for someone who knows their community and can bring together a diverse group of people to deliver an important event for all New Zealanders.
The Electoral Commission is recruiting for an Electorate Manager for the General Election in 2020 in West Auckland.
- 30 weeks full-time
- March 2020 – Feb 2021
- Your chance to contribute to NZ democracy
Be Part of New Zealand’s Biggest Event in 2020.
Key responsibilities are to:
- plan, manage and deliver a large operational event
- build and lead an electorate team to successfully deliver voting services to the community
- find voting places in areas that meet your communities’ diverse needs
- ensure sufficient staff are recruited and appropriately trained
- ensure electoral materials are securely managed
- ensure that electoral processes are completed to agreed standards and timeframes, including election night results.
The role requires you to be able to commit to a minimum of 30 weeks of full-time equivalent work between March 2020 and 28 February 2021. You will also be required to travel throughout your electorate on a regular basis and to attend national and regional training sessions. The role comes with a base fixed fee of $57,000 for the 30 weeks.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- leadership, communication and proven ability in relationship management
- ability to plan and deliver an operational event to tight deadlines
- knowledge and awareness of different cultures
- strong networks within your community
- sound working knowledge of the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- sound judgement and decision-making.
To apply for this role please go to:
Job number 1448573
Alternatively for more information regarding this role, please email email@example.com. Applications for secondments from within the Public Sector are welcome.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 21 Feb 2020.