Electorate Manager - Kaikoura
Be Part of New Zealand’s Biggest Event in 2020
The Electoral Commission is recruiting for an Electorate Manager - Kaikoura for the General Election in 2020.
We are looking for someone who knows their community and can bring together a diverse group of people to deliver an important event for all New Zealanders.
Key responsibilities are to:
- plan, manage and deliver a large operational event
- build and lead an electorate team to successfully deliver voting services to the community
- find voting places in areas that meet your communities’ diverse needs
- ensure sufficient staff are recruited and appropriately trained
- ensure electoral materials are securely managed
- ensure that electoral processes are completed to agreed standards and timeframes, including election night results.
The role requires you to be able to commit to a minimum of 30 weeks of full-time equivalent work between 1 March 2020 and 28 February 2021. You will also be required to travel throughout your electorate on a regular basis and to attend national and regional training sessions. The role comes with a base fixed fee of $57,000 for the 30 weeks.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- leadership, communication and proven ability in relationship management
- ability to plan and deliver an operational event to tight deadlines
- knowledge and awareness of different cultures
- strong networks within your community
- sound working knowledge of the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- sound judgement and decision-making.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in Parliamentary elections. Here’s your chance to contribute to New Zealand’s democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It’s an exciting and varied role within a team that is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Applications close at 5pm, Saturday 18 January 2020.