Coordinator Communications & Education
About the role
We are looking for an experienced highly organized and communicative Coordinator to be responsible for supporting the Communications and Education team for the 2023 General Election. The coordinator will provide support to the Communications and Education Manager, track, support and maintain initiatives, and to help achieve the Communication and Education teams objectives.
Superior communication skills are essential for a communication coordinator. You need to have strong verbal and writing skills as well as interpersonal and problem-solving skills to develop relationships and create effective solutions and respond to challenges in fast paced, time sensitive environments.
This is a fixed term role.
The Communications and Education Coordinator role is responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the Communications and Education team,
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of the 2023 General Election Communications and Education initiatives including campaigns and education programmes,
- Liaising with clients including advertising agencies, delivery partners and government agencies to set up meetings and take meeting minutes
- providing quality assurance checks across communications materials,
- developing and implementing processes to track and monitor work.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate strong planning, coordination and organisational skills,
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple competing priorities,
- Have strong relationship management skills and ability to work in a team,
- Show attention to detail while not losing sight of the big picture,
- Have a high level of flexibility and ability to multi-task; and
- Have problem analysis skills and good judgement.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission is an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand's democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
Note: Your cover letter is be a part of our assessment process, so please let us know how your skills and experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.