We are looking for dynamic and outgoing Community Liaisons to work on a casual contract basis. In this role you will promote electoral enrolment and voter turnout.
As a Liaisons officer you will be working within the local community to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation 2020 General Election. You will be motivated to reach vast numbers of people, and you will be driven by the important of our kaupapa. You will be excited by the fact that no two days will ever be the same. You will be out in the community at schools, universities, marae, events, libraries, shopping centres and town centres, engaging with people and promoting electoral participation
Why this role
- You do not need any specific experience or back ground, you just need good communication skills, like talking to people and have a good attitude
- You will be given full training and provided with the resources required to be successful in the role
- This could be the start of an ongoing relationship, Electoral Commission have various deferent employment opportunities
Requirements for this role
- Excellent communications skills
- You will be available as required on a casual basis, weekend work will be required and some public holidays
- Able to work in a politically neutral way
- You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand
- You must not be or be seen to be actively engaged in furthering the interests of a political party, candidate or political issue
To apply for this role please go to www.jobs.govt.nz (job number 1407568) and click on the APPLY ONLINE button.
A job description and application form is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 14 July 2019.