Community Liaisons - Napier and Hastings
We are looking for dynamic and outgoing Community Liaisons to work on a casual contract basis. Your purpose is to promote electoral enrolment and voter turnout.
You will achieve this by working within the local community to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation.
You will be motivated to reach vast numbers of people, and you will be driven by the importance of our kaupapa.
You will be excited by the fact that no two days will ever be the same. You will be out in the community at schools, universities, marae, events, libraries, shopping centres and town centres, engaging with people and promoting electoral participation.
You will be given full training and provided with the resources required to be successful in the role.
You must not be or be seen to be actively engaged in furthering the interests of a political party, candidate or political issue.
Is this opportunity right for you?
You will be
- reliable, and available as required on a casual basis, including weekends and some public holidays
- energetic and confident initiating conversations with strangers
- approachable and enjoy speaking with people from all walks of life
- have strong connections within your local community
- able to work in a politically neutral way
- a self-starter and motivated to work within your community either on your own or in a team
You may also have
- engagement, sales, promotional or retail experience? (desirable)
- fluency in a language other than English
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand and have a current drivers licence
To apply for this role please go to https://jobs.govt.nz/NZ-1419330 and click on the APPLY ONLINE button.
A job description and application form is available by emailing email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 20 September 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.