Community Engagement Advisors
We are looking for Community Engagement Advisers (CEAs) to help disseminate the Commission’s key messages around the value of participating in the 2020 General Election – especially within Māori and Pacific communities. CEAs will be employed on fixed term contracts and must be available to work between 29 June and mid-October. You will be provided with excellent training and the full support of a committed team to ensure your success in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Support the delivery of the community engagement programme targeting Māori and/or Pacific communities
- Work with influential community champions, community groups and priority stakeholders to increase participation in the 2020 General Election
- Support the Commission’s strategy by looking for opportunities to promote messages through regional channels that are most likely to reach your target community
- Share resources and connect appropriate regional staff to support the use of such resources through your communities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong links within your community
- Strong relationship management skills
- Understanding of kaupapa and tikanga Māori and/or Pacific knowledge relevant to the role
- The ability to effectively and confidently communicate with a range of individuals as well as large groups, through conversation, presentations, activities and other interactive means
- The ability to work independently yet under set direction
- The ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- The ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities.
You will also need a valid New Zealand drivers’ license and unrestricted use of a private roadworthy vehicle that is both lockable and insured, that you are willing to use for work.
If you meet these requirements and have a passion to get Māori and/or Pacific communities on board for the 2020 General Election, then apply today.
We are looking at roles in these locations:
- Community Engagement Advisor - Whangarei
- Community Engagement Advisor - Auckland
- Community Engagement Advisor - Hamilton
- Community Engagement Advisor - Rotorua
- Community Engagement Advisor - Gisborne
- Community Engagement Advisor - Palmerston North
- Community Engagement Advisor - Wellington
- Community Engagement Advisor - Christchurch
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for all to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
For more information regarding this role, please email email@example.com
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.govt.nz or seek.co.nz and search for the Electoral Commission.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 25 May 2020.